Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi International Library Established in 1995, housed in Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Diamond Jubilee mahal is a unique facility in the University. Spread across an area of 7,500 sq. feet occupying spacious accommodations in three floors, the library provides an ideal ambience for reflection and study. The library plays a vital role in supporting teaching learning and research through lending. Reference and enquiry services there are around 200000 books ,current periodicals and expanding range of electronic services including over 1,000 tapes and CD ROMS of which the library dedicates a deserve a collection of books to the IT World and subscribes to over 100 specialized national and international journals.
The Library contributes to the
fulfillment of the University's mission by:
• Selecting, acquiring, organising, maintaining and making accessible a collection of printed and non-printed, primary and secondary materials that will support the educational, research and public service programmes of both students and the faculty
• Responding to the varying needs of the academic community by involving the faculty, the students and the administration in the development and periodic assessment of the library services and resources
• Providing library users with point-of-use instruction, personal assistance in conducting literature research and other reference services
• Providing an environment conducive to the optimum use of library materials and an appropriate schedule of hours of service and professional assistance
• Participating in overall computing resources plan and providing for full library utilization of automation technology, physical facilities and equipment adequate to process, catalogue and store the materials.
• Enhancing the library's resources and services through cooperative relationship with other libraries and agencies.
© All rights reserved SCSVMV University