The Government of India, with an aim at transforming India into the skill capital of the world initiated Deen Dayal Upadhyay centres for Knowledge Acquisition and Upgradation of Skilled Human Abilities and Livelihood (DDU – KAUSHAL) through University Grants Commission. This programme is intended in creating work ready manpower on large scale by developing skill among the students through industrial partnerships.
Sri Chandrasekhrendra Saraswathi Vishwa Mahavidyalaya, Kanchipuram is one among the few institutes in the state, which has been selected by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to establish the DDU – KAUSHAL KENDRA.
COURSES APPROVED BY THE UGC
The UGC has sanctioned all the following five courses applied by the University under healthcare sector and banking sector.
1. Panchakarma Therapy – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma
2. Ayurveda Nursing – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma
3. Laboratory Technology – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma
4. Optometry & Ophthalmology – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma
5. Banking Technology – Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma & Degree